Do you know the actual reasons behind constipation? Read this blog to find out more about it & also know the best home remedies for constipation problems.
Constipation is a stage where a person feels difficulties in passing stool, and the stool is often dry and hard which when not passed at the right time creates abdominal pain, discomfort, and bloating. Though with home remedies and healthy lifestyle changes you can easily solve this problem, sometimes due to negligence/proper treatment it may cause you serious problems like Hemorrhoids.
What Causes Constipation?
Constipation may happen for many reasons, but the main reason for that is our modern unhealthy lifestyle. Some common culprits are:
- High junk food consumption
- Alcohol abuse
- Unhealthy diet
- Certain medical conditions
- Less physical activity
There are mainly 3 kinds of constipation. Occasionally occurring, chronic & age-related. However, people who are affected by it may face similar types of symptoms such as:
- Difficulty to pass stool
- Straining while passing
- Lumpy/dry/hard stool
- Pain/cramp in lower abdominal
- Loos of appetite
Home remedies for Constipation
Home remedies for constipation are the most effective ways to get rid of constipation. Here are mentioned some of the best home remedies for constipation problem.
- Triphala Churan (Powder): Triphala is well known for its laxative properties. It also contains anti-bacterial & anti-fungal properties which can be beneficial for the body.
How to use: Mix one spoon of Triphala powder in lukewarm water & drink it before going to bed at night. It works as magic & the next morning you can feel its effectiveness.
- Lemon juice: It works best for occasional constipation problems. Lemon also works as a stimulant & helps in removing toxins from the body.
How to use: Squeeze half lemon/lime in a glass of lukewarm water (you can also add honey to remove the sourness of lemon if you like) and drink it in the 1st thing in the morning.
- Ghee/Olive oil/Coconut oil: It is necessary to consume the right amount of oil in the diet. Especially good fats like desi ghee/olive oil/coconut oil, which works best in case of constipation.
How to use: Consume one teaspoon of desi ghee/olive oil/coconut oil in an empty stomach to get relief from constipation.
- Baking soda: Baking soda or Sodium Bicarbonate reacts with the acid in the stomach & produces salt and carbon dioxide. Thus, helping in bowel movement.
How to use: Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 cup of lukewarm water & drink it at once. It will also help in reducing acidity problems.
- Consume fiber-rich foods: A study shows that on average an individual needs 25-35 grams of dietary fiber in a day. Fiber not only helps in digestion but also helps in maintaining bowel movement.
A famous quote says, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Because apple is a good source of fiber. A medium-sized apple contains around 3-4 grams of dietary fiber, which is enough to keep your bowel movement right. So, take an apple every day to avoid constipation problems. Also, you can include foods like oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, lentils in your diet which are a rich source of fiber. You should include them in your daily diet which will help you in better bowel movement.
According to Ayurvedic book, the right diet, physical activity/exercise, drinking plenty of water helps in avoiding many types of health-related issues including constipation. So, the key conclusion is that if you make some healthy lifestyle changes in your life then you can save yourself from problems like constipation.