Turmeric (Haldi) is the most powerful Indian spice of all time. Read this blog to find out the uses and health benefits of Turmeric.
Turmeric (Haldi) is also known as “The Golden Goddess”. It is a root that is bright yellow and has a good fragrance. It balances tri doshas that are Vata, Kapha, and Pita. It has a beneficial effect on the blood and plasma of the circulatory system. It reduces toxins from the body, purifies blood, and boosts the immunity power of the body. It also has antioxidant properties.
Turmeric is traditionally used for supporting the liver, joints, and digestive tract. It acts as an Ayurvedic remedy and is used for 2000 years. It supports liver detoxification, healthy cholesterol levels, and healthy immune response. It assists digestion, benefits the complexion, and promotes the body’s response to allergens.
The health benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric has many health benefits. It acts as an anti-inflammatory, alterative, analgesic, antibacterial, anti-allergic, antioxidant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, carminative, digestive stimulant, and vulnerary agent. The other benefits of turmeric include:
- It has been used as medicine taken internally in the form of fresh juice, boiled tea, topically as creams, pastes, lotion, and ointments.
- It is utilized as an Ayurvedic formula for the treatment of many diseases.
- It is used to heal wounds and poisonous bites.
- Turmeric over burnt charcoal smoke is used to relieve scorpion stings.
- A paste made of turmeric with neem leaves also used for itching, eczema, ringworm, and any other skin infection.
- According to the Charaka Samhita mix of turmeric, black pepper, long pepper, and ox bile is a common remedy for poison or snake bites.
- The Charaka Samhita also describes Turmeric as a traditional remedy for jaundice: Turmeric, Triphala, Neem Bark, Bala, Licorice cooked in milk, and ghee of buffalo.
- Turmeric is also helpful during pregnancy. However, turmeric is a mild uterine stimulant, so there is a chance of over-stimulation; thus, it is necessary to consult a healthcare practitioner before taking any herbs during pregnancy.
- It cures mouth ulcers.
- Turmeric is an analgesic characteristic (pain reliever) and sometimes it is used in natural childbirth to decrease pain.
- Turmeric has a special property that helps the entire Gastro-Intestinal system by increasing intestinal flora and helps in healthy digestion.
- It is also known to reduce symptoms of bloating and gas.
- Production of the vital enzymes increases after the consumption of turmeric, which also detoxifies our blood in the liver by breaking down and reducing the toxins. Also improving blood circulation.
- It promotes good liver health.
- Turmeric is used for the treatment of cancer.
- Turmeric is used for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- It is also used for the treatment of diabetes.
- It cures liver and kidney diseases.
- The maximum skin diseases are curable by applying turmeric.
- It is extremely helpful for girls at the time of menstruation.
- It purifies the blood.
- It cures breast cancer and other types of cancers.
- It helps in boosting immunity.
- It provides relief from Arthritics.
Turmeric is more than just a spice. Ayurveda describes Haldi as a medicinal plant around 2000 years ago. You can find Haldi in every Indian household as it is also used in everyday cooking.
And for any health-related information or help Contact our experts for free Ayurvedic consultation.