Suffering from Headache? Find out the best Ayurvedic Home Remedies for headache problem in this article.
Headaches are the most common condition, which you face in your daily life. It is a serious issue that many people deal with on a daily basis. Sometimes, when it comes to headaches, people tend to avoid it. Many think it will be solved with a cup of coffee or just by distracting themself in some work. There are different types of headaches; but cluster headaches are painful and happen in groups or clusters, while migraines are a moderate to severe type of headache. Here are mentioned some of the best home remedies for headaches using which you can solve your headache problem easily.
Common Reasons for Headache
Headache can happen due to many reasons. If you have flu, fever, cold, or any type of infection then headache can happen. Also, mental stress, depression can cause headache problems. Other reasons include excessive alcohol use, poor diet, skipping meals, pollution, weather changes, etc.
Home Remedies for Headache
Headaches can be sometimes irritating and can also hamper your daily work. You can try these Ayurvedic home remedies for quick relief from headaches.
- One of the best age-old remedies to soothe headache is to apply sandalwood paste on the forehead. Take the half teaspoon of sandalwood powder and mix it with some water until you get a paste. Apply the paste on your forehead and let it sit for 20 minutes for quick relief from headaches.
- Mix few drops of Brahmi and ghee and apply that in the nostrils to soothe headaches.This cooling herb is used to cut down stress and depression.
- Finely chop the ginger root for tea or mix the equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice and drink it. You can consume this once or twice a day. You can also apply a paste of ginger powder and 2 tablespoons water on your forehead for a few minutes to provide quicker relief or instant relief.
- You can also add the 2 drops of lavender oil to two cups of boiling water and inhale the steam. Another option is there than to mix two or three drops in one tablespoon of almond oil or olive oil and massage your forehead with it.
- Chewing small pieces of cardamom is also an effective way to keep certain headaches at bay.
- Tagar (pinwheel flower) is a perennial herb with a long history of traditional medicinal use. You can use its medicated oils for massage.
- Replacing a common salt with rock salt is proven to be a better pick for treating severe headaches. Drinking the warm water with a pinch of rock salt is a very good remedy for certain kinds of headaches.
- You can also mix the 3 drops of peppermint oil in one tablespoon of almond oil, or just add a little water and massage the forehead or the back of your neck with it. Alternatively, you can apply crushed peppermint leaves on your forehead. Make a herbal tea by adding one teaspoon of dried peppermint to a cup of boiling water. Cover and let it a steep for 10 minutes. Strain and add some amount of honey to sweeten it. Sip the tea very slowly.
- Grind some cinnamon sticks into a powder and add some amount of water to make a thick paste. Apply it on your forehead and temples and lie down for 30 minutes. Then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Put 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves in a cup of boiling water and let it simmer for some time. Add a little honey and sip the tea very slowly. You can also chew some amount of fresh basil leaves, or inhale the steam after boiling basil in a pot of water.
- Crush a few amount cloves gently and put them in a sachet or a clean handkerchief. Inhale the smell of the crushed cloves whenever you have a headache until you can get some relief from this pain. You can also put the 2 drops of clove oil in a tablespoon of coconut oil plus sea salt and gently massage your forehead.
- Mix a half cup of apple cider vinegar with a half cup of water and boil the mixture in a covered saucepan. Remove it from heat, hold a towel over your head, and slowly inhale the steam. This will provide instant relief from sinus headaches.
Still, if the headache problem persists then it is recommended to consult with a doctor. And for any health-related information or help Contact our experts for free Ayurvedic consultation.