What is the aging and aging process? Know the signs of aging & how you can delay the process of aging with certain Ayurvedic anti-aging herbs.
Aging is a natural process that involves changes in the physical, psychological, and mental health of a person at a certain age. In scientific terms the process of degeneration of cells. It is the phase of life to which every living creature has to go through it including humans.
Aging is unavoidable. But it is possible to delay aging through certain medications (Especially Ayurvedic herbs) and a healthy lifestyle. Ayurveda is the science of health and living. Ayurvedic treatment mainly focuses on the alignment of three doshas that is Vata, Kapha, and Pitta which are the key to maintain a healthy and youthful life.
Signs of Aging
When you grow older you may face many signs of aging like wrinkles on the skin, grey hair, decreased physical strength, etc. But other than that, there are many changes your body goes through. They are:
- Changes in Cardiovascular system: With age, the cardiovascular system of the body changes drastically. It increases stiffness in the blood vessels and arteries that make your heart to work more to pump blood through them.
- Changes in bones, joints, and muscles: With age, bones in the body shrink in size & density. Hence making them more prone to fractures. Also, you may lose muscle mass and face pains in the joints.
- Changes in Digestive System: Studies have shown that older adults are more vulnerable to constipation due to structural changes in the large intestine.
- Changes in Urinary tract: With age, the bladder might become less elastic, resulting in frequent urination. Also, weaken bladder & pelvic floor muscles may cause you to lose bladder control.
- Changes in memory and thinking abilities: With age, the brain undergoes through many changes which might reduce the memory and thinking ability of a person. Older people are more prone to Alzheimer’s and similar diseases.
- Changes in Eyes and Ears: With age, you may face difficulty in focusing on closure objects. One can also face clouded visions or Cataracts. Similarly, aging affects the ability to hear properly in many cases.
According to Ayurveda, herbs that help in regenerating body cells, and reduces the cell damage are useful in anti-aging. Ayurveda recommends “Rasayana” treatment (A branch of Ayurveda which deals with aging-related topics) for slowing down the process of aging.
Here are some anti-aging herbs that are proven to slow down the aging, when used properly.
Ashwagandha (Winter cherry) is a boon to mankind from Ayurveda. It has an infinite number of health benefits including anti-aging. It helps in rapid cell regeneration that helps in delaying the signs of aging. It also rejuvenates the skin.
Ashwagandha can also be used for heart diseases, stress, diabetes, erectile dysfunction, anxiety, sleeping disorders, etc. It promotes physical and mental health.
Also read: Benefits of Ashwagandha
Found in the bottom hills of the Himalaya, Shilajit is a natural supplement for anti-aging. It holds a special place in Ayurvedic treatment due to its many medicinal values. This black tar-like substance contains more than 85 natural minerals including Fulvic acid and Humic acid.
It reduces cell damage and regenerates cell growth which helps in keeping you young. It also eliminates free radicals from the body.
Also read: Benefits of Shilajit
Guduchi has anti-inflammatory properties that help in solving skin inflammation and revives our skin tissues. It also enhances the immunity system keeping us young.
Bramhi is loaded with health benefits. It is not only effective in anti-aging but also enhances brain function. Bramhi is useful for those who are suffering from age-related memory loss problems like Alzheimer’s.
Haldi is the key ingredient of every Indian kitchen. It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties. It is also a powerful anti-aging agent. It fights free radicals in the body, hence delaying the aging process.
Also read: Benefits of Haldi
Ginseng contains phytochemicals that stimulate and activates the skin’s metabolism. It is also useful in reducing free radicals from the body which is caused due to the exposure of the skin to sunlight and pollution. It also contains vitamins that builds and strengthen muscles.
Amla is a rich source of Vitamin-c and antioxidants that help the body to fight with various diseases. It also helps in preventing age-related macular degeneration and Cataract.
Hope you find this information helpful, and if you have any health queries and health concerns then you can ask them to our Ayurvedic experts through our online consultation.References: https://www.who.int/ageing/healthy-ageing/en/