Aloe vera is one of the oldest plants with amazing health benefits. According to Ayurveda, it can be used for hair, skin, weight loss, and many more. Read this blog to find out the benefits of aloe vera.
Aloe vera (Ghee Kumari) is a small green cactus looking pant. In Ayurveda, it is referred to as “Ghrit Kumarika”. And in the local language in India, it is called Ghee Kumari. It is an immensely popular plant known for its medicinal properties. In books of Ayurveda, this plant is recommended for hair care, skincare, digestive care, and weight loss.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera for Skin:
Aloe vera is widely popular due to its benefits for the skin. This is the reason cosmetic brands use aloe vera in their products. Here are six reasons to apply aloe vera on your skin:
- Soothes sunburns: It contains anti-inflammatory properties, hence is the most effective remedy for sunburn. You can also apply aloe vera gel to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. And if you have sunburns then applying this can also help you to soothe the sunburns.
- Moisturizes the skin: Unlike the regular, chemical-filled moisturizers available in the market, Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer that softens the skin. It is also effective for people who have dry skin as it will keep the skin hydrated.
- Anti-aging: It has naturally occurring Vitamin-C, E, and beta-carotene. Which makes it an anti-aging gel. It has also micro bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which reduce skin blemishes and signs of early aging.
- Reduces infections & Acne: It is an effective remedy for those who have acne problems. It has the anti-microbial property that helps the skin in removing pimples & acne without harming the skin.
The anti-septic property of aloe vera is also helpful in treating skin infections. And it also reduces the inflammation and redness on the skin.
- Treats Wounds: It has a medicinal property that helps in healing wounds like cuts and burns. It provides faster healing in 1st and 2nd degree burns.
- Gives you a Glowing skin: It boosts skin cell reproduction while reducing skin redness and infections. It reduces age spots, dark circles, and acne scars effectively providing you healthy and glowing skin.
- Skin Cleanser: Did you know that Aloe vera is a natural skin cleanser? Yes, it helps in removing clogged pores as well as dirt and toxins from your skin making it healthy and soft.
Aloe Vera for Hair
- Promotes hair growth: It helps in better blood circulation to the scalp resulting in more hair growth. It contains essential vitamins and minerals including the Proteolytic enzyme, that helps in repairing dead skin cells on the scalp.
- Keeps Dandruff away: It helps in solving dry skin and fungal infections problems effectively, which are the two main reasons for dandruff.
- Conditions your Hair: It acts as a natural conditioner for your hair while maintaining the softness and shine of your hair.
It has anti-diabetic properties. It stimulates insulin secretion, which is beneficial for diabetes patients.
It is beneficial for the constipation problem. It contains a compound called anthraquinones, which is also known as a natural laxative that helps in clearing bowel movement.
As discussed earlier, it has laxative and healing properties, thus drinking aloe vera juice can provide your relief from hemorrhoids.
It also supports digestion and boosts metabolism. A healthy digestive system leads to better metabolism which further helps in weight loss.
It contains a complex carbohydrate known as Acemannan, which enhances the absorption of nutrients by cells & also detoxifies the body.
For Heart Health
Ghee Kumari helps in reducing bad cholesterol levels in the blood. And also, a natural blood thinner. Therefore, it is recommended for heart health management.
Dysmenorrhea (For painful menstrual cycle)
Ghee Kumari is proven to provide relief from Dysmenorrhea or also known as painful menstrual cycle and menstrual cramps. Consuming 2-4 grams of its pulp with sugar on empty stomach 3-4 days before the date of menstruation can reduce the pain/cramps.
Aloe vera is truly a “Wonder plant” by its nature. The green cactus looking tree has an infinite number of benefits. And always remember to use natural aloe vera from plants instead of chemically processed or packed form of it.
And for ayurvedic related help or consultation please visit our Contact-us page for free Ayurvedic consultation.